Financial Aid FAQs
How can I get help filling out my Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)?
My family situation has changed since I filed my FAFSA. Is there any way I can revise it to reflect my new situation?
How does UAFS process financial aid from outside scholarships?
If you are expecting a scholarship from an outside donor (not including state scholarships from ADHE), we will apply the scholarship as ESTIMATED FUNDS to your account only if you provide an Award Notification Letter stating the following:
- Student’s full name and student ID number
- Name of awarded scholarship with the contact name and phone number of the scholarship coordinator for your agency
- Semesters of disbursement: fall only, spring only, summer only, or split between semesters. If there is no indication of which semester(s), the amount will be split equally between fall and spring.
- What the scholarship will pay for (tuition and fees, books, supplies, room and board) and if the unused amount is refundable to the student
- The estimated arrival date of the check to UAFS
Send award letters to Scholarships@uafs.edu.