Army ROTC offers 2,3 and 4 year Nursing scholarships to qualified individuals at a "Partnership in Nursing Education" program. UAFS currently offers 1 Nursing Scholarship per year. This scholarship guarantees service in the Army Nurse Corps upon graduation and commissioning. Being a nurse in the Army provides you with opportunities not found in the civilian world. As an Army Nurse and Officer, you will have the respect of your peers and coworkers, as well as opportunities to train and serve in a variety of specialties. The autonomy to practice nursing as part of the Army Health Care Team is unlike most civilian health care facilities. Your professional judgment will be the driving force behind ensuring that all aspects of a patient’s care are addressed, and you’ll be responsible for initiating coordination of a patient’s multidisciplinary care. Contact us today for more information.
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be between the ages of 17 and 26
- Have a high school GPA of at least 2.50
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Score a minimum of 920 on the SAT (math/verbal) or 19 on the ACT (excluding the required writing test scores)
- Meet physical standards
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component (Army Reserve or Army National Guard)