The Recreation and Wellness Center (RAWC) is under strict guidelines from the university and the Arkansas Department of Health. The novel coronavirus has proven to be exceptionally contagious, and the RAWC staff is committed to doing all we can to mitigate its spread. All RAWC staff will strictly enforce the COVID-19 guidelines listed below.
RAWC hours of operation will be limited to Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m. and 12-7 p.m.
RAWC Safe Practice Requirements:
All staff and patrons will be screened at entry regarding:
• Current temperature (Checked by RAWC staff)
• Travel to New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, New Orleans, or overseas over the past 14 days
• Experiencing fever 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher in the past two days
• Experiencing cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell
• Had contact with a person known to be infected with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days
• Compromised immune systems and/or chronic diseases that increase risk of severe reaction to COVID-19
Patrons will be expected to abide by safe practices such as:
• Social distancing of at least 12 feet while exercising
• Wear a face covering / mask at all times, except when doing cardiovascular exercise
• Refraining from use of showers or lockers, which will be blocked off during Phase I
• Alerting staff following use of exercise machines or equipment, so staff can fully sanitize them after each use
• Avoiding personal contact at all times
Note: We ask that patrons bring their own mask to use at the RAWC, however a limited supply will be available, if needed.
The RAWC staff is to be open during the fall semester! We know that some of our members are ready to return to their regular RAWC fitness regimen, we look forward to supporting these patrons and will continue to miss our patrons who are not yet ready to return to the RAWC.
Virtual fitness classes will continue this semester, so our Lions who cannot come to the RAWC can stay healthy and active from home.