The Recreation and Wellness Center (RAWC) is under strict guidelines from the university and the Arkansas Department of Health. The novel coronavirus has proven to be exceptionally contagious, and the RAWC staff is committed to doing all we can to mitigate its spread. All RAWC staff will strictly enforce the COVID-19 guidelines listed below.
RAWC summer 2021 hours of operation will be limited to Monday - Friday 6-9 a.m. and 4-7 p.m.
The RAWC will be closed the following dates this summer:
Monday, May 10th - Sunday, May 16th
Monday, May 31st
Monday, July 5th
Monday, May 16th- Sunday, May 22nd
RAWC Safe Practice Requirements:
All staff and patrons will be screened at entry regarding:
• Current temperature (Checked by RAWC staff)
• Experiencing fever 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher in the past two days
• Experiencing cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell
• Had contact with a person known to be infected with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days
• Compromised immune systems and/or chronic diseases that increase risk of severe reaction to COVID-19
• Alerting staff following use of exercise machines or equipment, so staff can fully sanitize them after each use
• Avoiding personal contact at all times.
• Masks not required (patron preference).
• The RAWC basketball courts will remain restricted to one patron per hoop, in accordance with CDC recommendations, which note the increased risk of spreading COVID-19 while playing close-contact or indoor sports. The RAWC staff and senior leadership will reevaluate this policy at the end of June 2021.
For more information on the CDC's recommendations regarding sports, visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/playing-sports.html