STEM LLC Information Here
Located on the third floor of the Lion’s Den North Building, this community for first-year students majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) disciplines is an amazing opportunity! The only requirements are to be a STEM major, live on campus, complete the forms, and plan to participate! If you have questions after looking through the information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Should I Expect?
- A personal community that bridges your major to your new home
- Interaction with like-minded peers
- Programs, events, and initiatives specifically geared toward STEM majors and only for LLC participants
- In-hall professor office hours and tutoring
- Future leadership opportunities
- Develop relationships and frequent contact with faculty
- Take a common workshop with other LLC participants once per month
- Study groups with students in the same courses
- Networking and interaction opportunities with STEM upperclassmen
What Will This Cost Me?
There is NO additional cost for participating in the LLC. You pay the normal room rate and meal plan, and the rest is all included!
Thinking of getting an apartment by yourself off campus? You may spend more than you would versus on campus PLUS there are HUGE benefits to living on campus such as:
- 9-month academic year contracts which means you are not locked into a long-term lease
- All utilities, internet, laundry, and furniture is included!
- Save time by enjoying your meal plan!
- Dedicated 24/7/365 staff for events, assistance, security, and more!
- The shortest commute to classes you will ever have and no need to search for a parking spot
- Your room and meal plan are billed to your UAFS student account so your financial aid can help cover the cost.
- Any UAFS merit scholarship covers at least 30% of your room cost!
We’ve crunched the numbers for you. Not including food, you will save approximately $100 per month by living on campus. That is because our one rate includes electric, water, internet, laundry, and all the aforementioned amenities. There are no hidden fees and no worry of multiple bills each month.
How Do I Sign-up?
- Apply for Campus Housing.
- In the Housing portal where you did your application, look under the Quick Links section for the link to the STEM LLC Interest Form
- Register for Cub Camp.
- Complete your Housing application, submit the STEM interest form, and register for Cub Camp by July 31
- The STEM LLC is a FREE benefit so get your housing application in while there is still time!