To keep everyone safe, move-in this year is going to be different. Forget what you've heard of how it's been done before.
- Residents must select a move-in day and time. If they arrive without an appointment, they will not be permitted at that time. Housing is limiting how many people can check-in each hour of each day. Residents must log-in to select a move-in time.
- There will be hour increments where the resident must arrive and check-in. While the check-in process will be quick, the resident will have the rest of the semester to move-in.
- There will NOT be a traditional move-in crew. Each resident is permitted to bring a maximum of two people to help them. They must be between the ages of 14 - 65.
- Moving carts will be very limited. It is recommended residents locate hand carts to help them move-in.
- All persons in the facilities must wear a mask at all times unless they are within a suite or apartment and not near anyone else.
August 7 - 8: Volleyball, Cross Country, CC Staff
August 11: 1st Year CLC & Move-in Crew
August 12 - 13: Cub Camp Attendees
August 13 - 15: Sebastian Commons
August 15: Lion's Den
Have you received your physical and specific room assignment via email? If so, please be sure to follow the instructions about completing your contract and paying your $200 deposit in a timely manner. The due date is listed in your room assignment email.
Never hesitate to call the UAFS Housing Office at 479-788-7340 for assistance!
Lion's Den Room Measurements (PDF will open in new tab)
Protecting Your Items in Your New Home
UAFS is not responsible for personal property that is lost, stolen, or damaged on campus, including in times of natural disasters. It is important to know that if a resident causes damage, including water or fire, they are responsible for paying for it. Many homeowners' insurance policies cover students' belongings while away at college. It is recommended that the resident check with their family insurance agent to verify that coverage exists for their personal belongings while living
on campus. There are also several companies that offer inexpensive renter's insurance. These policies are inexpensive and could cover cell phones, books, electronics, and more. One insurance option for students is NSSI.
Care-free Linens (and More) Program
UAFS has partnered with OCM to provide a one-stop shop for move-in essentials. While you are welcome to do your own shopping, you may be surprised at what this site offers! You may also purchase care packages from this site throughout the academic year. The Residence Hall Association at UAFS receives commission to assist in residential programming. Check out OCM's site.
Campus Housing Tours
Taking a tour of your potential future home is very important! Due to the need for physical distancing, no campus or housing tours will be offered or available until August 3. The availability of tours starting August 3 will be by reservation only through the UAFS Admissions Office. Please call them at 479-788-7120 to inquire about a tour starting August 2. You will not be able to see your exact fall room on the tour. You are encouraged to take a virtual tour of the Housing facilities by selecting the Lion's Den or Sebastian Commons. Room dimensions for the Lion's Den are listed in the Measurements PDF on this page. Floor plans are linked in the Menu above. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.