Current Resident Announcements
Visitor/helper reminder: NO non-UAFS visitors except immediate family may be inside the resident’s room, suite, or apartment. This is to protect the on-campus community and to encourage physical distancing. Each resident may only have two visitors at any time inside their suite or apartment.
- You must be completely moved out of your room 48 hours after your last final OR by 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 8, whichever comes first.
- Graduates: If you are graduating on Saturday, you have until Sunday at 4:00 p.m. to check-out. If you are graduating Sunday, you have until 12:00 p.m. on Monday to check-out.
- If you are coordinating a ride with your friends or family, please make sure they are also aware of this deadline.
- If you do not officially check-out with an RA &/or move-out on time, you will be billed $100 for an improper check-out, along with fees for missing keys, cleaning, and any damages. Any items abandoned in the room/apartment/suite will be removed at the expense of the resident & the items will be disposed.
- Your mail will NOT be forwarded by UAFS Housing. Click HERE for mail forwarding instructions. You will also need to email the Registrar's Office to change your address with the University.
- Sebastian Commons Ultimate Cleaning and Check-out Guide
For Check-outs BEFORE May 1:
- You will need to fill out a Housing Cancellation form. This must be filled out before you check-out.
- Alert Housing to any maintenance needs prior to check-out
- Sign up for a room for next year (if you plan on staying on campus)
- Pick up all mail and packages
- Sign-up for a check-out time 24 hours in advance:
- Lion’s Den: At your RAs door starting April 28
- Sebastian Commons: In the Housing Office starting April 30. Speedy check-outs will also be available.
- Remember to take home your bicycle
- Take all trash to the trash compactor (behind the Housing Office) or dumpsters
- Empty all drawers, cupboards, closets, and rooms of personal items
- Thoroughly clean all bathroom and kitchen fixtures
- Remove tape, tape residue, curtains, etc.
- Please leave all command-type strips on walls (do NOT attempt to remove them)
- Dust everywhere including windowsills, floors, blinds, ceiling fans, etc.
- Vacuum, sweep, and mop all floors
- Failure to remove all items or clean properly will result in move-out fines
- Thermostats: Apartments please set thermostat to 76 degrees // Suites should be set to 70 degrees
- Lock all doors
@UAFSHousing appreciates its current residents! We understand that sometimes current residents need assistance, so check out the other pages on the Housing website for help with internet, maintenance, and roommate issues. We want our current residents to be INFORMED about what is coming up in Housing. Whether it is an RA program or break information, this is the page to watch for that information!