To access classes and complete coursework using the core features of Blackboard Learn, your system must meet these minimums. Additional hardware specifications, software, or browser plug-ins may be required to complete coursework as assigned by some instructors or programs. You are responsible for checking with your instructors/programs for special technology requirements.
Note: A web cam and microphone is required of all students taking online courses.
- Note: Chromebooks operate with the Chrome OS, which is not supported by Blackboard Learn, although you may experience success with some features.
- Note: Although you can perform many tasks in Blackboard Learn on a mobile device (iPad, iPhone, Android tablet or phone), either through a mobile browser or the Blackboard mobile application, not all of Learn’s features support a mobile format.
Screen Resolution: 1024x768 or higher
Internet Connection: Download speed of at least 1.5 Mbps
- If you are using a satellite internet provider, you may experience timeouts, IP address issues, session problems, or course mail caused by latency.
Recommended Browsers and Software
- Google Chrome™, most recent stable version and two preceding versions.
- Mozilla® Firefox®, most recent stable version and two preceding versions.
- Apple® Safari® for MacOS and iOS, two most recent major versions.
- Microsoft® Edge® most recent stable version and two preceding versions.
Run the browser checker to see whether Blackboard Learn supports your browser.
- Enable third-party cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker
UAFS recommends the following applications for online courses:
- Microsoft Office 365
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- VLC Media Player
Blackboard recommends the following screen reader combinations:
- For Windows OS – Mozilla Firefox with the JAWS screen reader
- For Mac OS X – Apple Safari with the VoiceOver screen reader