Test Credit (CLEP)
The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) provides students of any age with the
opportunity to gain college credit after completing the exam. The University of Arkansas
- Fort Smith is authorized to administer CLEP examinations, although CLEP exams may
be taken at scheduled times at any national test center and the results sent to UAFS.
UAFS may grant credit for subject area examinations of the CLEP program subject to the following:
- Credit will be posted on the academic record after the state census day of the student's first semester.
- Credit may only be awarded if the student has not begun coursework in the pertinent subject area. A student will not be awarded credit if the exam is taken after the course has begun.
- Exams must be completed and scores received by the Registrar's Office before the student submits a graduation application. A transcript of CLEP scores can be ordered at the College Board website.
- If a student earns CLEP as well as traditional credit for the same course, the most recent course credit earned will be used to meet degree requirements and in GPA calculations - if the most recent is traditional credit earned in residence.
offered clep credits by subject
|College Composition||50||ENGL 1203||3|
|College Composition||59||ENGL 1203/1213||6|
|American Literature||50||ENGL 2023||3|
|American Literature||59||ENGL 2013/2023||6|
|French Language||50||FREN 1304/1314||8|
|French Language||59||FREN 1304/1314/2803||11|
|German Language||50||GERM 1304/1314||8|
|German Language||59||GERM 1304/1314/2803||11|
|Spanish Language||50||SPAN 1304/1314||8|
|College Algebra||50||MATH 1403||3|
|Chemistry||55||CHEM 1403/1401 & 1413/1411||8|
|American Government||50||POLS 2753||3|
|U.S. History I||50||HIST 2753||3|
|U.S. History II||50||HIST 2763||3|
|Human Growth & Development||50||PSYC 2963||3|
|Introductory Psychology||50||PSYC 1163||3|
|Introductory Sociology||55||SOCI 2753||3|
|Financial Accounting||50||ACCT 2803||3|
|Introductory Business Law||50||LAW 2003||3|
Students must present a form of photo identification before taking their CLEP test. American citizens may use a valid driver's license, current state or federal ID card, or current passport. Funded military candidates must present their current military ID and a second form of government-issued photo ID such as a driver's license. Non-citizens must bring a valid passport.